Saturday 26 April 2014

Happy Lotion Day!



Today as I took stock of my lotions, I didn't realize that I have so many. I believe I just started using three of or four of them. Come to think of it, I didn't even buy any of them, not one.  

These Curel lotions came from my sister who resides in the US. She knows that it is the only lotion that works for my feet. I've tried every brand,  local or otherwise but they're not as good, especially for my soles and heels. My sister takes care that I don't run out,  so she gives me whenever possible.  Curel brand is only available in the US and Canada, not in any Asian country; I tried looking around for it here, in Bangkok and I couldn't find one, not even in Singapore.

My two sisters-in-law in Vancouver, (I call them that but they are actually the wives of my husband's brothers, though they are like real sisters to me) always send me as well when someone comes home for vacation or whenever they send a Christmas package. 


To date , I still have two bottles full and I'm halfway down on the big one, but I don't worry, my sister will do something about it if I run out. 



What I'm especially happy about today is this hand cream with Shea butter by Victoria Secret.  My sister suggested that I choose this from the bagful of around 40 tubes of lotion and spray colognes she brought home in October when she came for the wedding together with chocolates that we  all love. 

 So I got it together with the cucumber-melon handdibac, an anti-bacterial, moisturizing lotion from Bath and BodyWorks.  My granddaughter chose the cherry blossom with glitters lotion of the same brand and a Victoria secret cologne spray. Everyone was asked to choose two, but my granddaughter requested for one more to give her cousin who is of the same age as she.

I meant to try the Shea butter lotion earlier but I never got on to it. I tried it today though and I was amazed how light it felt on my hands.  I applied a pea-size amount and rubbed my hands together a few times, it became so smooth and silky, even a bit shiny and smells good too;  I felt like I did not put lotion at all, yet my hands are smooth. 

In as much as I love the scents of practically all other Victoria Secret lotions, especially "honeysuckle belle", I think I love the Shea butter the best. 

Thanks a lot little sis. 

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome big sis. About the shea butter from Victoria Secret, I don't think they don't make that anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok if it's phased out, I'm sure the newer ones would be more interesting.

    ReplyDelete