Thursday 1 May 2014

"O ---live, my hair"



I finally found the right shampoo for my hair, including it's matching conditioner and hair mask. It makes my hair grow, even in a part of the scalp that I thought was permanently damaged due to regular application of hair spray in the eighties and nineties. Actually I've given up on the semi-bald patch, and to remedy it, I changed the side where my hair parts in front. 

Earlier on, I've kept changing my shampoo every time I go to the supermarket for my bimonthly purchases; I just can't get the right shampoo after I stopped using the imported ones.  One day, I needed something from Watson's, and as I browsed through their hair care section,  looking for avocado, for I've tried it earlier; not for my hair though but for my face, and I thought avocado treatment would do great things for my hair as well.  But then, this olive shampoo caught my eye and I thought it maybe good because it's "oil" and I recall when I was a little girl, I saw a lot of people putting coconut oil on their hair and they had thick and shiny hair. It may just work as well. 



So I bought a bottle and I noticed that it is big compared to the popular advertised ones and it will even turn out cheaper. I tried it without a thought following experts' advise that it is good to rotate shampoos regularly. 

After three weeks, I noticed that I had baby hair in places I can see from the mirror. Still later when I was due for a trim, I asked my hairdresser: "why did you put bangs when I specified that bangs bothers me, the hair gets into my face and blur my vision?".  She also knew I abhor bangs. She assured me: "I never put bangs, you see...", while inspecting my hair, "you have baby hair all over". 

"Use this shampoo",  I told my husband after I came back from the saloon,  "and let's see if it will work for you as well", and true to my experience, he had baby hair in three weeks!  His hairdresser said: 
"While people your age already have falling hair, or some maybe bald already, here you are with growing hair." 

After that I went back to purchase the matching conditioner and hair mask. I thought that while we still have the chance to keep our hair longer and enjoy it, then I guess we have to take advantage and keep using olive. But I was still  very curious, I couldn't help but google the benefits of olive when used for the hair and I found this link I want to share with you. 


Now you will ask me,  "why still buy the commercial shampoo when you already have the treatment in your kitchen?"
"You see, if I use plain olive oil, I still need to shampoo to remove the characteristic smell, so it is inconvenient, still, after reading the link again, I maybe able to save on the conditioner."

Why don't you try it?  Let me know. 

6 comments:

  1. So it's proven. Let me try on Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!, so you're going to try the EVOO, as I dint think you can get that particular shampoo brand there. Coz Watson's distributes that only in the Philippines, Singapore , Malaysia and Turkey. Read the link carefully for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are serious? my hair keep fall. so, I think I'll get them in Watson A.S.A.P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this after i read ur blog. Thank. Not easy to find this now. Ifound it at watson designer outlet and been usg it from 7/9/2017 until today jan 2018 the last day i use it.pretty long time. First time using hair wax and i love it. Not sure if there others that better. Less friz for 2day if not using oil on hair. And i notice i have new baby hair and getting longer now. And my hair is thicker each strand. Not lying. My hair is dry and frizzy and rough cause i never take care of it and shampoo almost every day bcause i am verry active under the sun and i dint take care of my hair in my entire swimming clas for 6month, emagine the clorin.thats when i regret taken my hair for granted.First month i use it 2times a week with coconut hair oil mask one time a week.then 1time per week wth cocnot hair oil 1per week not sure how long i use this routine. My last routine which i will stick wth it is twice weekly and after i wash it, i put on coconut oil on my hair, not the scalp. Less frezzy love it. Now i just bought watson milk and youghurt hair wax. New year sale. Hehe. I will reuse the olive hair mask bottle to put the new hair wax. Sorry for the long comment. I just want to share my experience and routine as a newbie. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Olive Hair Shampoo

    ReplyDelete