Sunday 20 April 2014

Happy Easter!


This picture is from Royal Publications Limited: designed by Susan Bridger


"This is the day that The Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad"
Psalm 118:24

Due to the day's activities as well as the many greetings I needed to respond to, I was so preoccupied that this blog is one day late. 

Yesterday was truly a pleasant day!  It started bright and early for me, I had to get fresh fish for our lunch. My daughter, my son-in-law and my granddaughter were coming over as they usually do on special days. 

As our practice, our  family greeted each other early before doing anything else. That is a tradition we always observed as a family; wherever in the world everyone is, we always get in touch on birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, New Year and on special days when one cannot be physically present. 

"Happy Easter! We're off to mass, see you later", my older daughter texted before I was even up.  
My son e-mailed as well: "we're going to mass, Happy Easter! ". 
My younger daughter message me, "Happy Easter" together with a picture of the lunch she prepared for her and her husband. 

What about you? How did your day start, how did you spend the day? Was it as happy as this day should be?  In our family, Easter is just like Christmas, though there is no gift giving, there is always a feeling of joy.  Personally, I consider Easter as a day of hope, and a time for thanksgiving. 

It is always a good feeling to be greeted during important occasions, especially from my dearest and closest people. Many greetings came early on Facebook, via email and iMessage, I can't just say thank you. I had to greet back. And so the day went. 

My husband and I went to the 10:30 mass, then came back home to put together the lunch I prepared earlier. We had lunch after the picture-taking, almost a necessary thing to do nowadays, of course we always need to capture the moment. 

When my daughter and her family had to leave, I had to catch up on Facebook and emails again. More greetings to receive and respond to.  All in all, the day went like a breeze and before I knew it it was night time. 

Happy Easter everyone, may the joys and blessings of the risen Lord be with you and your love ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment