Saturday 30 July 2016

Who Wants To Walk With Me?



My son got me a Fitbit zip two years ago.  Since then, I've been walking everyday that it became my daily activity with Jim.  We walked at a Mall right behind our village gate.   We even enjoyed cooling down at Starbucks afterwards; that was until we moved to a new place in May last year. 

Since the move, I've been busy with decluttering and fixing the new home that I practically stopped walking.  I miss chilling out at Starbucks, reading a magazine while I sip my green tea frap.  Then my walking became erratic, my enthusiasm wained, for awhile I even stopped wearing my Fitbit.

One night early this month I suddenly got a message on Fitbit; a certain TG invited me to be her friend.  To be Fitbit friends means you compare notes and share your accomplishments; like having someone walking with you, but physically absent; the friend maybe thousands of miles away in another country.  

I suspected that TG is my younger daughter so I messaged her.
"Are you TG?", I asked. And she replied:
"Yes, I am TG, I just got a Fitbit Alta", and along with the reply she sent me a picture of the black band.  So I scrolled back to Fitbit.com and accepted her friend request. 

This is gray, my daughter got the all black. 

I wanted to have more friends,  "the more, the merrier", right?  So I checked my contacts and found  only three with a Fitbit; my son, my younger daughter "TG" and a former colleague, Trina.  I didn't want to disturb my son but I sent a friend request to Trina who accepted immediately.  Unfortunately she's not active at the moment so that leaves only TG and me, which is rather lonely.  In spite of that however, I couldn't resist a challenge; especially if it is good  and will benefit me.  The next day I put on my Nike and Fitbit again and aimed to meet my daily goal of 10,000 steps.

So this month I started walking again and found that I have to walk in the morning and afternoon or go to the mall after my morning walk to make 10,000 steps daily.  


Because of my enthusiasm, I earned this badge last July 15, 2016. 


Last December, I got a Serengeti budge for walking the equivalent 807 lifetime kilometers, the distance of Serengeti-one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.



On March 23, 2015, I earned the Hawaii badge for walking the equal distance of the Hawaii archipelago-including all major islands.


On November 12, 2014, I earned the London Underground badge for having walked 402 lifetime kilometers, equal to the length of the world's first underground railway.


I earned the Penguin March on September 22, 2014 that is: 112 lifetime kilometers I walked equivalent to the distance that the annual trip emperor penguins make to their breeding ground. 


My very first badge earned by having walked 42 lifetime kilometers from the time I started using Fitbit. 


I earned this badge 45 times for having walked 10,000 steps in a day.


From the time I had my Fitbit, I walked 5000 steps within a day and earned this badge 180 times. 

Fitbit does not only record the steps but also other forms of exercise. It can even guide us to lose or gain weight, we set a goal and choose how fast we want to do that and it will tell how long to reach that goal.   It tells us the number of steps daily, how much calories to eat and  liquid to drink. By logging food intake, it will show the calorie equivalent of each and adds up as we log.  

So come on friends, get a Fitbit today and start walking with me, even if we don't lose weight, we benefit from the exercise. 

Wow! Did I make that plug?  Maybe I'll charge Fitbit, lol. 






No comments:

Post a Comment