Friday 8 July 2016

Buffet Works Due To The Variety Of Choices

It has been raining since last night but we look forward to Fridays because it's our regular bonding time with our granddaughter.  Though I prepared caldereta and fried spring rolls, both her favorites, Jim wanted to eat out saying that the prepared food will be good for dinner. 

In my older daughter's car on the way to Vikings, I was telling my granddaughter, (who loves to listen to stories way back when), that when Jim and I were in college, we liked rainy days when classes were suspended, just like she had no classes today.  "We go to the mall, the movies and eat out" I told her.
"Maybe that's why Papa, (as she fondly calls Jim), wants to eat out today", I said and she smiled. 

Vikings is one of the best buffet restaurants in town who claim to offer the best spread, all those carvings of beef, pork, lamb and  chicken roasts, Chinese, Italian and Japanese food, the hot casseroles, seafood especially the salmon and tuna sashimi, all kinds of pasta, salads, drinks, a variety of juices, wine, tea and coffee; a big station for dessert along with every offering possible. 

"Ma", my older daughter was talking on the phone to her mother-in-law who must have asked how it is going, "we have been here for just an hour but we're already full". 

While I observed that many were really having their fill of the Ebi tempura, the porchetta and other favorites, I told my daughter the advantage of going to a buffet rather than ala carte.  
"It's really the variety of choices that works for me, not necessarily the quantity", I said.   Besides, you have everything including drinks and dessert without extra cost. 

Everytime Jim and I eat out he would ask me what I like to eat and most often, I'd say, "I'll eat anything, you decide", because I don't know what I want to eat anymore, most often I only like to eat a taco.  But in a buffet, I don't have to think, I only choose, it's easier, right? 

After a while, we asked each other if we were done, and yes, we all were.  Again I praised myself for not letting my eyes take over that I felt just right though I couldn't help eating halo halo, my favorite. 

My older daughter asked if I get a discount on my birthday month, there's none unless the birthday is within the week, "but we will provide a cake", the hostess said.  My daughter took a picture and sent it to her siblings abroad. 


I had the mini cake wrapped to go and my maid back home was happy when I gave it to her. 

My granddaughter wanted to go home afterwards to do homework so I just gave her a container of the caldereta for her dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment