Wednesday 19 February 2014

My Version of "Caldereta": Beef Stew With Pineapple

Today, my older daughter has no work, so she came for lunch.  I thought I would whip up something that she would like.  I decided to cook "caldereta"  (beef stew with pineapple).

First I fried the potatoes and set them aside.


Then I browned the Pamplona chorizo in a few drops of canola oil, and  sautéed the  garlic and onions.


The pineapple juice ( together with the pine tidbits)-marinated beef with soy, lemon juice, pepper and some herbs and spices were mixed in next.


After about 2 hours, and the beef was tender, I added the olives, frozen green peas and tomato paste. I made sure the beef was fully coated with tomato paste.


carrots, bell pepper and potatoes were added last. 



I like the sauce a little bit thick, so I dissolved a tablespoon of corn starch in half a cup of water. 
When it boiled, it was time to taste 

 I found I needed more pepper, fish sauce and a dash of salt.


And the dish was done!





But oops!  We need more veggies, so I sautéed garlic, onions, shrimps and pork bouillon in another pan.


Followed by the cut beans left over from my spring roll yesterday. 



Some pepper, then I tasted and it turned out the way I like it. 


Just as my maid was setting the table, I heard the gate open and my daughter came in. 
We had a good lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment