Tuesday 25 February 2014

My Regular Bread



“What must you break apart in order to bring a family close together? Bread, of course.” 
― Jodi Picoult, The Storyteller


Eversince I discovered French bread drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with rosemary leaves, I've been eating this often.  I don't know which is addictive, olive oil or rosemary or the combination of both.

Did you ever try it? 

Lately, I always crave for this snacks.  Though I favor the regular French bread, I choose to get wheat French bread. I know my health is my own doing, nobody to blame but me; so I choose to be responsible. 

I always divide the long bread into two, put back half in its plastic wrap to keep in the freezer so they stay fresh until I will toast them. 



I slice the half French bread myself, I don't trust the guys at the bakery to cut it into equal sizes the way I want them to be. Being uniform in size matter so they will toast evenly. 


I lay each piece on a tray to dub with olive oil flavored with rosemary, 


then sprinkle rosemary leaves on each slice. 


now they are ready to pop in the oven.

It takes about 3 minutes to have a soft but crunchy bread; toasted on the outside but soft in the inside. It will take longer if you want it crunchier.  I'm not timing the oven, my cue is when that incredibly pleasant smell hits me that I know they are done. 

I spread salsa on them but pate or jam will be okay. My husband prefer to dip it in a meat dish with a thick sauce, like callos or beef stew or gambas. Sometimes I would eat them as is, with no spread whatsoever. 

"Man cannot live by bread alone; he must have peanut butter."
James A. Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment