Tuesday 2 May 2023

THE BIDIBIDI HANDBAG - Recently the most coveted bag in our circle

​For the longest time, we have been admiring the exquisitely colorful bags of Tess that she parades around town at parties or when she travels here and abroad.  Mind you, she brings a different one every time but it is the same brand and maker, by the very enterprising lady, Bernadette de los Santos from Baao, Camarines Sur. 

Here is Tess on her latest trip to Allen, Samar holding her bag with a flourish. 


Tess was lured to pass by the shop of the now popular “artist”, as I’m bound to call her, due to her ingenuity to design and ability to utilize local materials to produce such beautiful things with the help of the housewives in the community. 


On Mel’s birthday, Tess gifted her one of those exceptionally beautiful bags when we were invited to breakfast at Palms country club. 


 A few days thereafter, Tess gave Dolly a sendoff breakfast for her US trip, and because Dolly just love that bag, Tess gave her one. 


 

Then there was Juliet’s birthday which coincided with my sendoff breakfast. Since Tess has set a precedent, Juliet got one too, to her great delight. 



Meanwhile I was so flattered for my sendoff after all, I’ll be gone for just a week. There are no words to describe my joy when I also got a bag even if my birthday is still in July. But I was traveling so I presumed that’s why I got one too. 



What a pleasant surprise! But I wondered why I had no photo with Tess handing over my bag.  It would have been a nice souvenir. Instead, Tess took this photo of me holding my bag. 


 

Here we are, Juliet and I happily showing off our bags in this group photo. 



At this point I’d like to thank the assistants of Tess : AnnAnn, Baby, Diane, Gracel and Ricky who artistically put up this sendoff greetings on our favorite photo spot above and for tirelessly serving us whenever we are invited over and for Ann Ann too who skillfully takes our group photos all the time. Good luck on your CPA exams Ann Ann. 


For all intents and purposes, I brought my Bidibidi to Singapore. 


Coming back home, I carried my new pair of Hoka inside my Bidibidi. 


The breakfast this morning was a sendoff for Cheska who will fly today to Europe with her family. 




 

What’s interesting was Claire’s reaction when Cheska was unwrapping her bag. Claire’s eyes were green!  However look at her joy when she realized she got one too. 




She ran for a hug to thank Tess. 


Look at Cheska who just checked in; happily holding on tight to her Bidibidi. 


Happy landings Cheska!  We will miss you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment