Tuesday 11 April 2023

SWEET MAGNOLIAS SENDOFF

​What a lovely morning walking with friends and taking photos whenever we fancy. This led us to a generous breakfast hosted by Tess. 


It was a sendoff for me and Jim since we are  leaving for a week’s vacation. Interesting, isn’t it since it is such a short trip. I’m wondering why; will they really miss me that much?


Ahh! but it became a tradition for our group whenever someone goes abroad no matter the length of the trip 


Today was so fun, full of laughter and our tummies were full as well. It was food overload as usual when talking of parties hosted by Tess 





Tess set a precedent when she gave Mel a Bidibidi bag for her birthday last month. So it became the most coveted bag among us. 


Today I got mine! It was not my birthday but Tess gave it to me since it is a travel bag and I’ll be traveling.  Believe me when I say that it can hold all the things a lady needs to bring. It can even hold a pair of Hoka walking shoes along with everything else. 


This bag is made in Bicol by housewives in the locality allowing them to earn a living. The beautiful art is hand embroidered and patched on the bag exterior. All materials used are local in the province. 


Today is Juliet’s birthday. While she scheduled her birthday treat for us when I get back, we urged her to join us today so we could greet her properly. 


Of course she got her bag too! 



As I mentioned in a former blog, this send off celebration is now a tradition. . 


I recall giving a breakfast to sendoff Tess when she went back home to her family in Holland in late February. We thought she’d be gone for months but she gave us a pleasant surprise when she came back after a month. 




Carol along with her husband, Alfred left for the US in mid-March. It was Claire and Dr. Kim who gave them the sendoff breakfast. 






It was never in our wildest dreams that we will become such good friends all because of walking; the bonus being that our husbands often join us in walking and other celebrations. . 


Moving on, we all look forward to countless mornings when we are up at dawn to complete 7 kilometers; the very reason we got together in the first place. 


Thanks a lot for breakfast today Tess and thank you for my Bidibidi. 


Happy birthday again Juliet. I hope you had a wonderful day. Hey! What’s for dinner? 





No comments:

Post a Comment