Friday 21 April 2023

IT’S GREAT TO BE HOME BUT I’M MISSING SINGAPORE ALREADY

​ All good things come to an end and time flies fast when you’re having a good time. Singapore is a bustling city, there’s always something going on; tourists arriving by the thousands; construction in every turn for a new building here, a train station there, etc. 


We gave up tickets my son bought for the river cruise due to heavy rains. Moreover, we ran out of time to see the Van Gogh immersive exhibit. My daughter in law said it is quite an experience seeing come to life The Starry Night, The Sunflower Summers and many more. 


I especially thank my son who had a busy day of meetings ahead but managed to  bring us to Changi 2 when we could have taken a grab. But of course  we welcome the extended time to be with him. 


Before our flight coming home, we messaged our children for a wonderful holiday even when we kissed and hugged when leaving their homes. 



Waiting to board. 

I can’t thank my children enough for giving us a good time. They really wanted us to make this trip unforgettable. What I appreciate most, set aside the treats, the dinners and lunches, and the sights is their patience. 


They didn’t mind making reservations for every meal we took so we could eat at the best restaurants. I learned that the Italian restaurant, LAVO, at the Skypark of Marina Bay Sands required a month or longer to get a table and my daughter really planned that. 


They gave up part of their vacation to bring us around. I know that they reserve that for their vacations abroad. 


Like most people who traveled for a holiday day say, “ back to reality”. 


My reality is welcome. I’ll be with my older daughter and her family again. I’ll be walking everyday again with the Sweet  Magnolias. 


No comments:

Post a Comment