Thursday 16 November 2023

GAMBAS: MY VERSION

​I prepared gambas for dinner tonight with dinner rolls. I cook this often since it is simple to do. I pair it with salad greens or with a thick soup. If we are not very hungry, the gambas and rolls will do with a glass of red. 


Gambas is one of the simplest Spanish dishes and the favorite among the tapas; juicy shrimps swimming in tasty, garlicky olive oil. 


Beauty, my assistant inspired me to write this blog when I saw how she arranged the shrimps after she peeled and deveined them. 



                  INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 dozen big shrimps, peeled and deveined 

1/2. Cup olive oil 

1  tbsp butter 

1  heaping tbsp minced garlic 

1  tsp paprika 

1/4  tsp salt 

1/4  tsp ground pepper 

1  tbsp cooking wine 

    Juice of half a lemon 

1  tbsp chopped celery leaves


                PROCEDURE 


Heat oil in a saucepan 

Put in garlic

Add shrimps once garlic begins to turn light brown 

Pour in cooking wine. This should go fast so as not to overcook shrimps. Once one side turns pink, flip right away. 

Add butter, salt, pepper, paprika and mix


 Squeeze juice of half a lemon and transfer to a serving dish.  

Sprinkle chopped celery. I chose celery instead of parsley since it adds flavor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment