Sunday 8 October 2023

MY MICROBLADING EXPERIENCE

​Finally, I was able to undergo eyebrow microblading. What I thought to be a complicated and painful procedure was simple and painless. Look at my eyebrows now, I’d say that it enhanced my looks, if I may say so myself. 


Now I am more confident in joining selfies. 




I am one who do not indulge in cosmetic enhancements; as they say; every wrinkle, every laugh line has significance in one’s life. 


At my advanced age, I don’t mind that my upper arms look like wrinkled crepe paper and oh yeah, everything goes down, thanks to gravity 


Truth be told, I don’t have any natural eyebrows; blame it on aging. So microblading is something I had to do. 


Imagine me every morning as I prep for my morning walk, I had to draw two symmetrical eyebrows freehand.  How easy is that and how long will that take?


That means I have to take my early morning medicine, wait at least 15 minutes before I can take my shot of caffeine. 


Add time for a brief shower, put on contacts and sunscreen to beat the 5:20 AM show time in my street to meet my walking friends. How early do you think I have to be up to do all that? 


I’ve been meaning to do microblading for more than a year now but I hesitated because I am diabetic. However, recently I had a minor surgery and the healing was normal, so it meant I’m good. 


I visited 3 salons before I found that I could trust the Label Lash and Brow. It was also convenient since the salon is just outside my subdivision. 


This is how I looked after the procedure. 


Then there was the peeling off 


And the retouch after two weeks 


Finally here is how i look now


As many often say: 

“Kilay (eyebrow) is life”. 

Lastly I’d like to thank Arlene, my beautician who patiently did the procedure and so considerate to ask many times if it hurts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment