Friday 22 July 2022

MY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY

​I chose to have a quiet birthday celebration with my family; we dined in. Well, I say “dined in” because we didn’t go to a restaurant but dined outdoors, in the garden. 



I practically cooked the whole day but it was fun. I shared on Facebook as I completed a dish. Early in the morning, I browned the marinated beef for asado and let it simmer until tender. 


By noon, the cabbage rolls were done too


I prepared the puttanesca sauce after lunch, boiled the pasta and put them together before dinner. It was extra flavorful since I put three fresh bay leaves from Rotterdam. 


Last but not least is the favorite of all, the ensalata 

Caprese; the cheese was so creamy, it can only come from Amsterdam where they make the creamiest. 


My older daughter brought me my Ube (yam) birthday cake. What a coincidence, it matched my dress!



My son, vacationing in Sydney with his family FaceTimed. 


Then time to blow my birthday cake.



After dinner, my younger daughter also FaceTimed. There she is in the photo below with her husband. For every family occasion, we message early to greet with a promise “to call


Finally when the night was winding down, my sister in the US also called.  Early on she already greeted me on Facebook with lots of our


It was  the best kind of day, I thank everyone for making it a day to remember. Your greetings and well wishes were numerous, it felt overwhelmingly sweet. 


As I live my 77th year, the sun keeps rising and setting. The years go by and I keep breathing. Life goes on…,.

No comments:

Post a Comment