Sunday 17 July 2022

CROCHET TIME

​I’m back to one of my favorite hobbies, crocheting. I thought I’d make glass covers just like this

This is how I started the motif following written instructions of vintage design that I found online. This design is called Queen Ann’s lace. 


Here I completed that motif below:


Since I am more inclined to outdoor dining lately; I thought I’d need these to protect cups and glasses from being exposed to the elements. Just like these. 






Notice the colored pearls I attached; they are not just ornaments but they keep the cover in place so that the outdoor breeze would not take them away. 



I got this bright idea of glass covers from Dolly, one of my walking buddies. She served us cappuccino one day after our 10,000 steps.  I was attracted to water glass 

cover like the photo below:



Today, I completed a dozen; 6 each of my dining color palette, yellow and blue. Look at these:


Do you find it interesting? I feel good having made them myself. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are really talented. Arts and crafts, cooking, and growing all kinds of plants. Those crocheted things are lovely!

    ReplyDelete