Friday 15 January 2021

THE NEW NOTEBOOK

This is not a sequel of “The Notebook” ,the best-selling novel of Nicholas Sparks.  This is just a regular notebook that could be used as a planner or journal. 

Every new year all of us get a new planner or a new notebook; others get so much more than one.   We feel excited and we take time to decide  how best to use them. 

On the flip side, you may argue that you do not need one; “I’ll use my phone, I prefer to go paperless”.   Of course that is always an option.  But isn’t it more exciting to hold that beautiful notebook; run your fingers over those soft blank sheets? 

It maybe great to make a family recipe notebook out if it.  Or will you use it as it is meant to be; a planner where you log your plans, appointments and other work-related matters?  Shall you use it as a personal journal, as in a diary? 

Actually we can do all that and more because we usually get more than one and its a pity to leave those beautiful pages blank.  We just have to decide which ideas will best suit our lifestyle. 

Every year, I add one to my notebooks. Most of my journals maybe called “perpetual” because they don’t expire.  I continue  to log my notes as there are ideas or info warranting documentation.  I also intend to add more and revise, customize and improve what I already have. 

Health-medical history notebook-
A priority for a senior like me especially that we feel new aches and pains everyday. Doctor’s appointments,  test results, medical prescriptions, maintenance medicine are vital info needing reminders. 

Notebook for expenses-
 I log all my expenses; those that are paid in cash and another for those charged to my credit card.  This comes in handy because I  like to stick to a budget. I also use my list to cross check those that come out of my credit card bill. 

Locator notebook- 
I list where I keep important items. This saves time to find them or just to assure me that I did not misplace them.  However, this year I intend to include a diagram of where exactly things are located. 

Recipe and meal planning- 
a) Family recipies from my Mom and mother-in-law. 
b) For daily meals and special dinners. This is useful when I’m running out of meal  ideas. I have on log what I served some Christmas dinners ago.

Personal info notebook-
Passwords,usernames email addresses, membership and  ID numbers. 

Book on Birthdays- 
Birthdates of people that matter to me. 

This year I’m adding four notebooks: 

Reading list-
I’ll list all the books I read and their authors.  I intend to include a list of favorite blogs and articles. 

Blog notebook-
Although all my blogs could be accessed on icloud, I still want to go through them written down. I may put my comments as to why I’ve written them. 

Quotes and affirmations -
Though I remember some quotes occasionally; now I’ll log all my favorite quotes, bible passages and inspirational phrases.  This is a great tool to go to when I need inspiration while going through a rough patch or when i need to lift my spirits. 

New-Things-I-Learned-Today journal. 
This is what I’m so enthusiastic about.  I already made a few notes. They will be in my next blog. 

Actually there are as many journal topics that you can think of; the ideas are endless.  We also do not need to wait for the New Year to start one. 

So good luck and wishing you joy in filling up those new and  lovely pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment