Wednesday 6 January 2021

HOW TO REGAIN SELF-MOTIVATION WHEN YOU LOSE IT





Motivation has become a by-word in recent years; it being one of the most sought-after mindset.  Without it, we are unproductive; our work is mediocre because we cannot function fully.  Why do we sometimes lose our motivation?

Could it be that we are over-whelmed with numerous distractions all around that prevents us to focus on one specific thought at a time?  

Think of this, when I open a blog, advertisements pop up before I could even open the first paragraph;  thereafter pop-ups appear in almost every paragraph.  

When I open the news, other topics come up as well; some ads are even blinking that they easily catch my attention.  When I go back to the former news, sonetimes I lose my train of thought that I can’t even recall what it was all about. 

What should we do when we lose our groove?  How do we regain our motivation?    Experts say that we should learn to keep our focus on that one thought we want to pursue and be determined not to entertain any other thought or idea but dwell only on our goal. 

Over-whelmed with numerous tasks and you don’t know where to begin?  Make a to-do list and prioritize; try to tackle the easy ones first to give you a feeling of accomplishment and be encouraged to go on. 

However there are times when nothing is easy. You are in the brink of giving up what you started because nothing seems right.  You are stuck and you are wasting time.  Can you relate? 

Don’t think that only you experience this lack of motivation.  Even famous writers go through the so-called writer’s block.  They, along with other artists alike often need a “muse”; someone to inspire them to start their creative juices flowing again. 

A change of scenery may spark creativity or solve a problem. You can leave your home office and sit on the coach or sip tea in the balcony or garden.  Most people suggest that the best place to get good vibes is the coffee shop.  Go work out your problem there, it maybe busy and noisy as it often is but they say that there is a lot of energy going around there. 

You want solitude or privacy?  Then get on the move, go for a run or a walk.  Fresh air is invigorating and exercise often stimulates the mind.  When I walk, I get ideas out of the blue. 

Not employed but a housewife who can’t get things done but tired?  Everything seem  too hard or boring?  Then a change of environment or routine may do the trick; it could give you a different perspective.   Go have lunch with friends; get a mani-pedi; go window shopping, better yet buy new shoes. 

Fond of gardening?  Grow your own veggies.  Cultivate flowering plants; flowers are known as uppers thats why they are often brought to sick people.  They  bring brightness and cheer all around.   I love my flower garden, it is always a delight to go and look how beautiful and colorful my new bougainvilleas are. During the day, I am often lured to see the garden. 

Start a notebook for affirmations and quotes to boost inspiration so you have something to turn to when you feel so low and unproductive. 

Not one of the  above works?  Someone suggests to do a self challenge; do a 7-day challenge doing something consistently.  Chances are it becomes a habit that easily incorporates in your routine. 

I am a homemaker and after I retired and sold my store; I thought life would be boring.  But I plan interesting things to look forward to after my chores. 

I look forward to relax and read, catch up with news, watch tv, write my blog and even watch a movie. These activities are what motivates me to finish my chores. 

Whether we are employed or not, we need motivation and inspiration to function fully.   The new year is often the time when we decide to improve our lives.  And as we purge the challenges of the past year; we need motivation to meet our new goals; to keep us on track and stay in our game. 

The following image was borrowed from the “300 + quotes to reach your potential in 2019”.

No comments:

Post a Comment