Sunday 8 February 2015

I Had A Lovely Lunch TODAY!



I thank God for another wonderful day happily spent with our older daughter and granddaughter, not to mention lunch at one of the best buffet restaurants in town, The Vikings.  



"Mom, let's go try the newly opened Vikings at SM-BF on Sunday.  I reserved for 11:30", my older daughter called last Wednesday.  I've read and heard a lot about the Vikings so I agreed immediately.  

The first Vikings that opened is in the SM Mall of Asia (MOA); the mall dubbed as "the 10th largest shopping mall in the world in terms of leasable area and known to attract about 200,000 foot traffic daily".  The MOA arena is where Pope Francis said a mass during his recent visit. 

Another Vikings buffet restaurant is at SM Aura Premier at Bonifacio Global City, the NIU by Vikings; known to be the most prestigious, it claims to provide "a cloud nine buffet experience"; it being located at the top floor and coincidental with its name, it has 9 food stations.  I haven't been to any of the two, but since the newly opened one at SM-BF is the nearest to our place, my daughter invited us there. 

Though the Vikings opens at 11 AM, we were there at 10:30.  
"Mom, please come to our house early so we can go together; our reservations is only good for thirty minutes, otherwise, our slot will be forfeited", my older daughter advised. 

When we arrived, we found a big crowd waiting in spite that half had reservations, so there were a lot of walk-in customers.   In spite the big  crowd, I like that the reception is handled well; at 11 sharp, they started ushering in the groups with reservations. 

As soon as our usher sitted us, he immediately asked if there is a birthday celebrant today, a celebrant of the month;  a senior citizen, and whether the child with us is below 3-ft tall.  I saw a guy holding an antique-looking  calibrated rod to check on the height of each child.  They have a discount scheme for each category. 


Midway into the meal, my daughter said:  "I think I'll ask my sister to come home and celebrate our birthdays here".  They were both born in June and their birthdays are a week apart.  This made me miss my younger daughter more, especially on occasions such as this. 

Let me tell you that going to a buffet is not easy especially if one has to watch his diet.  I reminded myself to use my head, rather than my eyes in order to be very discriminate.  As usual I enjoyed the tuna and salmon sashimi, some crab, a thin slice of the roast lamb with mint sauce and four, yes, honestly; just four one-inch cubes of prichon, (or was that one-and-a-half inch cube?  Well---- it's hard to tell) along with fresh fruits. 

I finished off the meal with a scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with fruits, creme brûlée and caffe latte.  I agree, the dessert was an indulgence, but then, can't I indulged once in awhile? 



"I'll just have fruit for dinner", I told myself.  I already consumed enough calories for the day. 


Thank you very much daughter for that lovely lunch, most especially for the great loving company that you and our granddaughter provided. 

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice of Robynne to include you always in things she thinks you would enjoy. We are lucky to have kids like them. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're really lucky, I'm aware of that always. Nowadays with too much distraction, some children forget their parents are is up and about. I guess it has something to do with how they were brought up as well.

      Delete