Saturday 21 February 2015

Catching Up With My Grandson


This quote from Pinterest 
  
This week was one of the happiest, I would say; ever since we retired there isn't much excitement going on here except when we spend time with family and the occasional meet up with friends.  But these are too far between. 

The visit of our 10-month old grandson and his parents created a lot of excitement, it was a great boost to us, pretty much like a concentrated shot of adrenaline. 

The most excited of all however, is my 9-year-old granddaughter, meeting for the first time her only cousin on her mother's family.

"Mama, how I gonna tell my cousin why I'm already 9 and he's only almost one?"  
Her dad replied: "you know what, that's not even a problem".  
She continued: 
"How am I gonna play with him now, he's still a baby?  When he's 9, I'll be 18; and If I skip-count further;  when he's 18, I'll be 27 already".

But here you see her bonding well with her cousin.






The last time we saw our grandson was in late August when we visited him; he was just around four months old then.  Though we get to see his progress weekly when we FaceTime, it's quite different when I got to carry him.  Was he heavy?   You bet!  In fact I felt like I was carrying a heavy rock that moves.  Oops! I had to be careful lest he'll fall off my grasp. 



Last Sunday, we went to see him at his Nona's (his mom's mother) home where they stayed during the visit.  It was a happy afternoon, my son's in-laws were all there; it was quite a reunion, very enjoyable to have seen all of them again.  Of course the center of attention was my grandson; who at first, was over-whelmed with so many people talking at once, and taking pictures here and there with him. 



When we finally sat him down on his high chair for snacks, he had a reprieve; it was then that he started calling attention and when one of us talked to him, he responded with a big smile.  The sound of his laughter is heart-stopping. 

When my son arrived three days after, he called us right away.
"Lets have coffee at Bouna Vita", he invited us. So, here we are, my granddaughter can't seem to have enough of her baby cousin.



The next day, everybody were gathered at our home for lunch.  Though he can't eat this cake yet, I couldn't help myself getting it.  But then I had to be fair, so I also got one for my granddaughter. 



Before they left, my son asked: 
"Let's have lunch at PF Chang tomorrow, the three of us if you're free", he invited me and my husband. 
While at PF Chang midway to lunch, he announced that his wife will bring along my grandson to join us for dessert. 

Oh, wow!   What a pleasant surprise that was!   My son knew how much we like to see our grandson again before they go back home the next day.  Here, we posed before we parted.  





Finally, here he is on the plane going back home.  Looks like he is enjoying the ride. Is he even aware that he's in business class? 


This quote from blakeflanerry.hubpages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment