Thursday 2 January 2014

My recurring dream




I had this recurring dream.... Some say that what you dream about is what's in your sub conscious mind. Some say that the meaning is most often than not, the opposite. In this dream, I hope not. 

I was still in grade school, still living in my papa's  ancestral  home when the dreams started.  In the dream I always found coins among the dirt, sand and gravel on the edge of our house. As I scratched on the dirt further and deeper with a wooden stick,  I see more and more coins!  The coins looked like the silver 10-centavo coins circulating at that time.  In every dream, I seem to gather about a handful.

 The dream comes back occasionally even when I got married.  When we moved to our new home the scene in dream took place there.  It went on for years. 

Why am I even having this dream? What does it mean, what is the dream telling me?

As we started furnishing our new home, I bought a "dama Juana ", a wooden chest, some old looking native baskets; things reminiscent of the past; items I can afford to decorate the house with. The dama Juana is big, about 10 inches in diameter at the bottom part and 2 feet tall.  

After a while I decided  to collect the silver 10-centavo coins to put inside the bottle. I thought it  is worth collecting these since they are precious having a great percentage of silver content. The entire family helped me collect them. My daughters' nanny went out of her way to help me collect the coins; she alerted friends and neighbors that we will replace coins they happen to get as change from their purchases. 

After sometime, I had the dream again and I  thought that maybe it is somehow connected to the " I dama Juana", only because I thought of collecting the silver coins to put inside it.  The collection stopped when the coins went out of circulation, having been replaced with less silver content. 

And the dream recurs! but this time the coins are found in public places, no longer at home. Even the coins are varied; 25-centavo coins appear, then 1-peso, even 5-pesos as well as 10-peso coins. Again, as I turn the soil, more coins are seen, all I had to do was pick up all I can handle. And the dream just ends as I continue picking up the coins. 

Now, the dama Juana holds a big twig, our Christmas tree this year. The coins are still inside. 

Today, I still wonder what that dream is all about. If it means money, when will I hit it big time? One can only dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment