Saturday 14 December 2013

Green Tea Cream: My Current Passion

After an hour of daily walk we need to settle down a bit, so my husband and I developed a habit of having a drink before heading home.  We order drinks, he reads the papers and I browse through a magazine.

As I'm avoiding sugar, the only drink I can find along the Food Street is Starbucks green tea cream, a tall daily.   Occasionally, I ask myself:  "isn't daily too indulgent? " and I answer back, " why not, it's my only indulgence. "

As I enter Starbucks, I always feel like I'm meeting friends.  The guard would automatically reserve a choice umbrella table outside. The baristas would greet me by name. They are gracious to all customers but they know me and my "usual "; the drink I crafted for myself: green tea cream, tall, no whip, sugar free , nonfat, more milk, less ice and three scoops of green tea powder.

The generous addition of the green tea powder is good for me since I learned that green tea has a lot of health benefits and is antioxidant, especially the authentic matcha green tea from Japan, made  only from pure leaves, pulverized and the veins removed. I feel I'm getting results since it solved one physical problem;  I can now flex my left thumb, when earlier just moving it was painful. I've wondered about that though, but when I make an inventory of my daily diet, that is the consistent one. Right or wrong, I believe it is good for me and it is refreshing and tastes delicious. Try it sometime.

As the barista swiped my Starbucks card today, so I get points, I asked to punch it as Christmas blend so I complete my stars for a diary. They allow me that since they know the Christmas blends are too sweet for my health.

Then the barista tells me: " Mam Rita, you know that our day here is not complete without seeing you" and I joked back: " so, why am I not getting an upgrade? ".  They all laughed and I got a grande but I paid for a tall.

As simple and ordinary the encounter was, I feel good around these people.

1 comment:

  1. Good to find your 1st and this 2nd blog!

    We have the same experience as we are contemporaries, right! The year I saw you and JImmy again was a profound time as I have re-connected with you and some other friends from high school.

    I am also a Starbucks "freak" for Chocolate Cream Frappuccino - that on every off day (Friday) I sit and have the same and the same cold drink. I do the same when I am in there going to Southmall with Bebeth. Now, learning of your passion for this green tea cream, I will definitely try it. I don't know if we already have it here but I will surely check.

    Have fun this Christmas time with your family! I hope all the kids are with you in a few weeks' time.

    Congratulations for your Blog and big hug to you!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete