Friday 29 December 2023

FAMILY REUNION HIGHLIGHTS 2023

​Our Christmas family reunion took place in the beautiful home of my sister. 



Everyone brought their signature dish. The “star of the Christmas spread” is the Elar’s lechon partnered with the best; the Aboy’s fresh lumpia.  





I concocted my version of Paella, nothing compares to the undisputed best recipe done in Valencia, Eastern Spain, the home of “Pa-e-ya”.  My version is more to my taste but I still adapted the basic ingredients. I usually vary the meats and seafood like this one has crispy shrimps, chorizo and salami with French beans and bell pepper. 



My Paella could have been the centerpiece of our spread but nothing can beat Annie’s amazing charcuterie boards. 




There was Annie’s spinach signature dip 


The dishes were plentiful and lots of dessert galore; I couldn’t even remember who brought what but I love them all. 

Photos were taken in between the eating; here are some of them. 













Amidst all the talking, Santa Claus descended the stairs, not down the chimney; at broad daylight. There were clapping and “ohhs” and “ahhs”;  there was excitement and a queue was formed to pose with Santa. 











The gift giving was followed by the anonymous exchange gifts. If someone brought a gift then he surely took home one. Someone forgot to bring one so he took out a bill for the exchange gift, and everyone aimed to get that. 


Not wanting to end the day, a talent contest was proposed with a promise of big cash prizes. This encouraged everyone especially the teens. 








The more we got together, the more we wanted to do it again. We then agreed to have it midyear since Christmas is too far off. 


We concluded the party with a group photo 


It was a wonderful party, thank you everyone for the bonding time, the love shared and the memories made. 


No comments:

Post a Comment