Sunday 24 December 2023

FAMILY CHRISTMAS 2023

​Last night was wonderful! 

It was a happy Christmas dinner with the people I love most; my two daughters, their husbands and my granddaughter. The presence of my sister, Annie and my comadre Marie completed my Christmas Table and rounded up a happy group. 


The elegant dinner set I used for the first time is a birthday gift from my walking friends, the Sweet Magnolias from the @ At Home With Maria collection. Jim, Annie and I had fun prepping up the place. 



Here are photos before dinner. 












After grace, a toast to get dinner going. They loved the Sweet Magnolias signature drink, the Barefoot Sweet Moscato. 




Dinner went smoothly with lots of fun and laughter. 


For the first time in our family history, my son did not make it for Christmas. In the past he would always turn in for Christmas dinner. Well, there’s always a first time, right?


But they did FaceTime, full of joyful wishes led by our 9 year old grandson vacationing in France. This photo was taken in Lourdes. 



It is a family tradition to dine together on Christmas Eve. This helped the children when they got married; it simplified Christmas scheduling between in-laws.


Back to my Christmas dinner which I personally prepared; not a dish ordered out. This time I tried porchetta and to my delight, it was s success! 


This caldera 


And Callos 


As well as the asado were prepared ahead. 


 

And the crispy shrimps 



My older daughter brought this Ube cake, the ube used is from the famous sisters of the Good Shepherd, claimed to be the best ube preserve in the country. 


I couldn’t show the other desserts, I was preoccupied that I failed to take photos. 


Before turning inside for the gift giving part, we can’t help but take another photo. 


Looking back to last night, I still feel the joy and the love that went round and round the dining table amidst the laughter, the jokes and stories told. 

No comments:

Post a Comment