Tuesday 8 August 2023

CHICKEN CURRY: MY RECIPE

​I prepared Chicken Curry today. Im sharing my recipe. 

 



I’m trying to breakaway from my usual bi-weekly menu since my Husband hinted that we used to enjoy yummy meals.   I don't have excuses so recently, I tried looking back at my cooking repertoire. 

Today i planned on preparing chicken curry.  Here’s my recipe; 

Saute  
6 chicken thighs cut into 2 pieces 
3 garlic cloves minced
1 medium onion chopped 
1 match-box size ginger, peeled and slightly crushed
1/2 cup canola

Cook the above until the chicken changes in color. 
Add:
2 fresh bay leaves, I use those from Rotterdam, green leaves smelling great.
1 thumb-size cinnamon bar

Add  enough water to cover chicken and simmer until it is tender. 



Notice, that I used 2 big thighs cut into 3 pieces and added the drumstick bones. Remember my orange chicken the other day?  The meat from the drumsticks has been removed leaving practically no more meat but I thought it will yield a great flavor and the ends will give me some collagen.  

When chicken is tender, put in 

40 grams knorr gata powder dissolved in 1/2 cup water, 
2 tbsps curry powder
1  tsp ground pepper.    
1 tsp turmeric for color 
No need to add salt. 

If there is too much liquid, reduce it by boiling a little longer.

Add the following and stir until the veggies are fully coated with the sauce. 



1 big potato cut in big cubes and fried
2 medium carrots cut in big cubes and boiled
1 can drained shiitake mushrooms, they come cheaper than fresh: 
     I use Sunblest, good quality products.  
1 medium red bell pepper cut in strips. 



Btw, I'm not an endorser of the products I used. 

That was lunch today. 

 
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment