Tuesday 23 August 2016

The Artwork For Our Dining Room

Finally, I was able to come up with an artwork that Jim and I like for our dining room wall.   I have been wanting to put up something there but I just couldn't find one that I love to look at whenever I take my meals.  There are two walls; 

one is bare

The other holds a local painting, below it is a buffet table flanked by two Thai multi-colored glass lamps.

The third is the window 

This side is facing the kitchen. 

Since my decluttering, I wanted to be true to my shopping ban (at least on decor and kitchen items); so I have been racking my brain, looking for something I already have to put on that wall.   I was picturing different scenarios in my mind hoping to find the right one from the frames in our storage shed.  

I also knew that our family photos won't work (I still have a lot in store), even the framed sketches of Europe landmarks didn't seem right.  I wanted something different and unique but I wanted to stick to zero shopping. 

Sometime ago a DIY article showed how to frame colorful shower curtains that is big enough for a blank wall, but I didn't feel like putting up a framed shower curtain on our dining room wall. 

Recently I was fixing my closet and came upon my collection of ethnic and hand-woven cloths; and ---viola!


"This is it!"

I brought out everything and let Jim help me choose which one will be framed; we wanted bright and happy prints.


and we came up with this; simple, practical and unpretentious (at least to us).

Fortunately it matched our framed Egyptian hand-painted papyrus artwork, including a similar unframed one I found among my collection.  I had that framed the same way, sandwiched between two glass pieces. 



Here, take a look at this wall now; is it okay?    I spent for framing the other artwork but no regrets, it is an exception to my shopping ban because it makes me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment