Saturday 15 August 2015

I Enjoyed Making Pesto Today

My husband's basil looks over-grown so I was prompted to make pesto.  I used to put them in tomato-herb pasta for my granddaughter but she had enough of it already, so the alternative is pesto. 



I brought out my Braun multiquick 7 kitchen machine again today.


I decided not to use the food processor which I used yesterday for my burger but the third part, the Liquidiser goblet.  It can mix, chop and cut but in smaller quantities; can blend soups, milk-shakes, baby food, etc.; hot or cold with a maximum load of 750 ml. 

I first went to the nearby grocery to get cashew nuts.  My sister in Florida sent me almonds when I mentioned that almonds and most  imported nuts are quite pricy here, so she took pity on me.  However, I'll still get it in a week's time and I had to harvest the basil already so I settled for the cashew for now. 


My basil harvest which gathered approximately 3 cups of leaves after I cut off the stems. 


The ingredients I used. 

It took me about 10 minutes to come up with the pesto.


I let my maid taste it first and as usual, she was impressed, uttering praises of how yummy it turned out.  I spread some on bread and that was our morning snacks. 



This afternoon  I cut up the French bread, drizzled the slices with olive oil and sprinkled fresh rosemary leaves before I popped them in the oven.  That would go well with the pesto for our afternoon snacks. 



I'm sure my younger daughter will be happy to hear that I'm using her gift.  Thanks again Trace, this is really wonderful, it simplifies our food preparation.  Truth to tell, I didn't look forward in using such gadgets earlier, (then I had simpler machines though) for I didn't want the hassle of bringing out, washing and putting it away afterwards.  But I know one person nowadays who is happier, my maid,  who takes delight in watching me work the machine and is spared the time in cutting and slicing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment