Friday 14 August 2015

Enjoying My Kitchen Gadgets

Today I used the food processor, one of the three major gadgets of my  Braun multiquick 7 kitchen machine that my younger daughter and her husband gave me for my 70th birthday. 

I felt like eating lumpiang Shanghai today; they're mini rolls, deep-fried minced meat processed with carrots, celery stalks, bell pepper, spring onions, egg and seasonings rolled in rice wrapper.  They will go well with sweet chili sauce dip or even just ketchup. 




This recipe is also good for meat loaf; (just add pickles and hard-boiled eggs inside) as well as meatballs for spaghetti bolognese, siomai (meat wanton) and burgers or sliders.  It is a convenient way to prepare four dishes in one; and to let the food processor do it all in a jiffy is so time saving, the answer to every housewife's dream.



My maid was so thrilled to see how quick the chopping, mixing and blending happened in less than 5 minutes.  She is spared of grating and cutting up the ingredients. 
"Oh, this is also thoroughly mixed", she said when she saw the result.  
"And the mixture sticks together well", I said, no need to refrigerate. 

To test if the seasonings blended well, I had my maid fry three thumbnail-size burgers to taste like I always do; a must to every chef.
"Ma'am, it's so delicious", she said when I made her taste one.   I ate one, blowing it a bit as it was still so hot and It tasted just how I wanted it.  My husband was in the garden and I brought him the third piece.  "It's good", he said.
"Now, shall I cook two medium burgers for your breakfast?"
"Yes, I hope we have Dijon mustard", he replied. 

This afternoon, my maid will roll the mixture in rice wrap for our dinner.  


No comments:

Post a Comment