Thursday 22 January 2015

Gone Crazy Over Fitflops?



I wondered whether I've gone crazy over a fitflop.  I already have one that my younger daughter gave me three years ago.  It's gray with silver sequins all over the thong-shaped strap. I just love it!  

Everyday as I walk at the mall, I pass by this fitflop outlet and I often check out what their new arrivals are.  I find the Cha Cha model attractive but I felt like it is too fancy for me. 

I really had no intention of buying a fitflop because first, mine is still good and the cost is more than what one would usually spend on a pair of "step in, aka slippers".   Christmas came and went and I wasn't so conscious of that store I obliviously pass by everyday in spite of their many customers.

Sometime last week, my husband wanted to look at the outlets in Sta Rosa and asked my daughter and her husband to go with us.  He wanted to shop for another Nike.  I myself had no plans of buying anything, I didn't feel like I need something. 

We went around the shops, no luck, my husband couldn't find what he was looking for.  
"Did you find anything that interest you?, I asked. 
"No", he replied.  "When I see it, then I would know that it's the one I'm looking for". 
Did you ever feel that way when you shop for something?   That always happen to me when I shop for the right blouse, the proper dress, the appropriate footwear or even the best kitchen gadget. 

We went to Purple Oven to buy some pastries, then my granddaughter wanted to check out the other Payless outlet after I pointed to a penny loafers that is something different from her collection of Payless and Cotton On ballet flats.  The first pair she saw had glitters, she didn't like it. 

Passing by some stores, I saw something I like, something I wasn't looking for but it caught my eye and suddenly I got interested.  



It is a black fitflop Ibiza.  I felt like shopaholic Rebecca, who couldn't resist the window display that seem to beckon her every time she passes by the shops.  I just couldn't get it out of my mind. 

When I got home, I thought I'd look for it at Amazon US and ask my son-in-law to get it for me on-line.  The thing is my size was not available.  I looked at the four outlets in town but it is out of stock as well, except for one pair but one size smaller. 
"Thats the model people got crazy about last Christmas", the salesman told me.  My size is so common that they easily run out, I almost can't get anything from any sale or clearance either.  I asked my daughter to check if it is available on-line in Singapore but they also run out. 

What to do? 

 For the first time I felt like I really have to have it.  It is very unlikely of me to  go to such extent for myself.  What's happening to me?  Am I experiencing second childhood?  I wondered about that, LOL!!

Last night, I kept looking for it again on-line at Amazon, but nothing. I thought I even dreamt about it.  

What did I do? 



    I settled for my second choice, I got the "Fun, flirty, feminine, super-comfy, beaded flip-flops", (that's the manufacturer's description, not mine), the black fitflop Cha Cha.  I was told that it's their best seller. Even though I thought earlier that it is too fancy for my taste, I settled for it since the design is similar to the Ibiza except for the sequins and the patent siding.

    I hope to sleep soundly tonight.  My husband would kid me that I'd put it beside me while I sleep.  It is a family joke when one has a new pair of shoes; it started sometime when my son as an adolescent slept with his new pair of top sider.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment