Wednesday 11 June 2014

First Meeting

I'm very excited to go to my grandson's christening!  I haven't seen him yet but I've got lots of pictures to see how cute he is.  

We had to start early since our flight leaves a few minutes before six in the morning. Since we will only be there overnight, we wont check-in anything, we just have our overnight bags.

I am bringing our antique baptismal top in case my son will want my grandson to wear it for the christening ceremony.  It is made of very light and soft cotton material with delicate embroidery of little flowers. This was given to my younger daughter by her godmother when she was baptized 33 years ago.  My  granddaughter used it too, on her christening day nine years ago. 



We are also bringing with us 35 pieces of Don Juan Orquijo cigars, if you're familiar with that, you'll know that it's not cheap either. I was surprised when my husband told me how much it costs; even though my son doesn't smoke, he has excellent taste in cigars. He would have preferred the Corona packaging, five pieces in a wooden box; but there wasn't enough available, so one was a bigger box of the same brand. 
 


We were met at Changi airport terminal by my son himself. He brought us straight to his home where we met our grandson for the first time. Of course, I had to change my blouse and washed my hands and entire arms with a special kind of liquid soap called dettol, 99% kills germs.  Finally done, I entered his room, oh my; he's so cute. Like all babies, he exudes that sweet and delicious scent you would want to smell forever. 

The parents of my daughter-in-law were there earlier on to assist her for the first few days. Immediately they urged me to carry my grandson, my compadre even told my son: "take their picture". And here we are.



After an hour of feeding and burping the baby, my son brought us to my younger daughter's condo where we were to stay for the night. My daughter was so busy with work so she had food delivered, lunch was so delicious that I was tempted to eat a lot even though I was worried that my dress will be tight. Didn't i  mentioned that my daughter has "gut taste", so her food is always yummy. After lunch, we prepared ourselves for the afternoon christening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment