Friday 2 June 2023

OLD FRIENDS, NEW MEMORIES

​When we say “catching up” with friends, what exactly do we mean? 


Ideally, catching up is talking face to face or at the very least a video call to update each other on what’s going on with our lives. 


When Nitz invited me for coffee, I was excited to see her. The last time we got together was over lunch in November.  I did miss her; I met her seven years ago ; the wife of Jim’s former colleague and friend. 


More than that, Nitz is a true friend.  They say that “friendship isn’t about who you’ve known for the longest time; it’s about who walked into your life; said I’m here for you and proved it”. 

Nitz is that in my life. 


“I’ll get you at 4 and the tab is on me; you may want to suggest a place”, she messaged. So we ended up at Concordia’s, a convenient place with a good ambiance. I knew she liked it since she’s never been there. 



Of course I let her pick up the tab for “coffee” and Jim took care of dinner. 



Catching up with Nitz was easy, we just picked up where we left off.  Thanks to facebook that updates us on what we’ve been up to; the only thing missing is knowing about our plans and how we feel about them. 


It was a happy afternoon and a happier evening of sharing stories. Then Jim joined us for dinner. It was a great meetup; it is something I love to capture and share in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment