Saturday 17 September 2022

MY MEXICAN TABLE RUNNER



​Out of the blue, I suddenly wanted a crocheted table runner made of different colors, like a Mexican print. I made one using my left over threads I used for doilies. This is what I made. 



I chose this Queen Anne’s lace pattern, a vintage design but I consider it a classic; I remember making this back in the days of my teen years. 


Fortunately, I learned to read and follow crochet instructions; thanks to my Mama who guided me until I could do it on my own. I looked on line and found this specific pattern for free. 


Summers found me crocheting with my Mama and Aunts when I was old enough to handle a hook and managed to hold up the thread with the other hand. Crocheting is one of the many things my Mana taught me; one of the best memories that I treasure most. 


Here is a sample motif of the pattern that I put together. 



I was discriminate in choosing which color would be joined next to each other; first the light colored one, then the dark and light again to establish a contrast. 




Crocheting needs concentration because there are a lot of counting to do, so there is a need to focus. I only have my  thoughts when working on the project  or listen to music. 



Almost there, I felt I needed motivation. I tried scrolling through YouTube when thanks to Jim who downloaded Spotify on my iPad. Listening to music encouraged me to crochet fast and reached the finish line quickly. 

I completed the project listening to the tunes of Air Supply, ABBA and Celine



Finally done, I thought these placemats would complete the Mexican theme I was trying to achieve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment