Friday 29 April 2016

Avocado-Mango-Chicken Salad Wrap

Today I got inspired by the avocado chicken salad wrap of Jen Nikolaus, a recipe blogger and photographer of yummyhealthyeasy.com.  This recipe was posted by my college BFF, Bee on Facebook which I found interesting that I wanted to try it. 

Everyday recently, I've been searching for food that is light, something  right for these hot summer days. I got the hint from my husband who mentioned recently that the Japanese has a menu for every season.   I thought that this avocado-chicken salad wrap will go well with the calamari that my granddaughter requested. 

These are the basic ingredients.


I chopped the celery, onions and grapes and sliced the avocado


Mashed avocado mixed with Greek yogurt, chopped ingredients, salt and garlic powder.  The recipe called for lime but I didn't  have that, so I used lemon.  The weather is already hot as it is so I didn't put curry powder anymore which the recipe indicated as optional.

Oops! Sorry that I missed to take a picture of the shredded chicken breast that was also added into the mix. 

 
I prepared the slices of avocado and oh yes, ripe mango; it's not in the recipe but I couldn't help adding it at the last minute. Mango definitely made the wrap more interesting and tasty. 

Mixed filling topped with slices of avocado and mango on the tortilla wrap ready to roll.
 
I sliced each roll into three.


Our lunch today. 

I found this wrap very filling, I was able to eat two slices.  

No comments:

Post a Comment