Sunday 6 December 2015

Singapore in November

Last month's latest trip to Singapore was a welcome treat just like all our other visits; a great bonding time with our son as well as our younger daughter and their families. 

Infrastructures rise fast In Singapore, there's always a new place to see or to dine.  On our  first dinner, my son brought us downtown at Orchard Road to Jamie Oliver's restaurant.  

                                   Appetizers

Our children always ask us where we want to go whenever we're there. This time however we focused on gardens since our son knows that our current pre-occupation is our edible backyard garden.   He is one who always make  time to do what interest us, he nurtures our dreams and encourages us to do what makes us happy.  Our two daughters too, always introduce us to new things, new places to eat or to  visit.  They keep us updated thus making us stay "young" (at least at heart, if not physically). 

The very next day, he took a leave from work and brought us to HORTFARM.  

Here's s good view at the entrance. 

It was a big establishment of both edibles and ornamentals alike. Im happy that I was able to get ideas on garden sitting, something I could use to enhance  our small backyard garden.  Below are my favorites from the exhibit.  Again, this shows that nowadays many decorate the outdoors like they do the indoors. 




Later in the day and even the next morning my son was keen in bringing us yet to another farm, but my husband who knew me better than I know myself replied: 
"You know Mom wants to get ideas on how to make our backyard edible garden more interesting and she had seen some already". 

Instead we spent time with our grandson at the botanical garden where he ran around the wide open space of grass and later watched him play at the American club kids playroom. 


Our grandson with papa at the Botanical garden


At American club kiddie play area

We spent the last two days with our daughter and son-in-law.  Our daughter also took a day off from work to accompany us to get stuff to bring home.  They brought us to Pasarbella for lunch; it's a market, actually.  My daughter said that the set up is pretty much like the markets in Australia with food stalls and  fresh produce of fruits, veggies and home-made delicacies. That's where I saw the biggest paella pan ever. 


Afterwards, we hang out in their new condo where they recently moved to after two years from their first one.  My daughter is now into bread and pasta making and dinner that night was home-made pasta.

Drying home-made pasta for dinner. 

I woke up the next morning in their guest room, looked out and saw the tall trees reaching up to the 4th floor.  I turned off the air conditioner, opened the window, breathed in the fresh air while the breeze came in from the trees outside.  It felt great!

This picture was taken from my window. 

Finally on our last day before leaving for the airport, our grandson who only took to guys (except his Mom and his nanny) let me carry him.  Apparently, he wants to come along; knowing we're going on a plane ride when he saw our luggage near the front door. 


You made me the happiest, big guy!  Looking forward till  I'll see you again this Christmas. 








No comments:

Post a Comment