Wednesday 8 October 2014

I Fancy Starfish




This Christmas season, I'm planning to use sea life theme for my home decoration in the living room. 

This idea came up when I asked my older daughter to get me two pieces of starfish since her family went for vacation in Shangrila, Boracay.  I have a fancy for starfish that I even bought a pair of starfish earrings, with 106 diamond bits. 

This week, I started my research for sea life design ideas. I already have some pieces to put together, and I wanted to see how I can display them to best advantage. 

I thought I'd work around the shades of blue to pick up the color of the sea and sky, with touches of white for clouds and silver to mimic the color of sand.  I think the silver would add to the festive look  in keeping with the season; something tinsel.  

I went window shopping this week and finally, yesterday to my delight, I got the throw pillows and I was happy because I got the colors and prints I wanted at reasonable prices. 

Today, I asked my maid to take off the lacy beige curtains, and in its place I intend to drape the 30 yards of while lace material as window treatment.  I invited my granddaughter's nanny who has this artsy flair to help me execute my idea in putting up the drapes. 



I also asked my maid to vacuum the windows and carpet so I could start my project. I started putting the new throw pillows in place:



This bushida tree came from my husband's front garden. I guess it hit a stone underneath the earth, so it never grew, it's almost like a bonsai.  One day, we just found that its leaves dried up.  My husband uprooted it and sprayed metallic gold to prevent decay.  I intend to make it my Christmas tree,  I'll hang miniature starfish shells,  I'm just waiting for my older daughter to get them for me when her family will go on vacation to Shangrila, Mactan soon. 

I gathered my sea life materials to arrange them in place.







Finally I went to the blue room where I displayed some of these items.  I discovered that my two precious starfish shells are gone, nada!  

I moved everything, checked every nook and corner, turned over drawers but nothing!  My most important decor, the "star" of my show is gone!

Oh, where can they be?  Sigh....






1 comment:

  1. Most jewelries are awesome and fabulous but the one that I like the most are the bracelets and earrings.
    starfish earrings

    ReplyDelete