Wednesday 23 July 2014

Thank You For Your Birthday Greetings




My dearest friends and love ones, I couldn't thank you enough for remembering my birthday. 

Two days before my birthday as you must have seen on Facebook, my oldest brother started the greetings by posting a very nice table setting in my favorite vibrant colors, with a "happy  birthday, dear sister" caption; and that's what started the greetings pouring in.

 I can't help but thank him; though in the back of my mind, there is this myth that birthday celebrations or greetings must not be advanced since it would seem like rushing one's life.  There are many life's myths that we know and we often say: 
"You don't lose anything be abiding by it".  
My sister in the US was a bit uneasy about it, for I'm sure she knows this too; but I told her, that it is ok; it's a very nice post anyway and I'm flattered and grateful for it together with all the other advance greetings I got; they were done on the most generous of intentions. 

My birthday couldn't have been happier because of all your greetings, it made my day special, I feel so blessed. Let me take this opportunity to thank you all. I know I replied to most of you but if I missed someone, I say that every greeting and every well-wish is equally precious to me. So, thank you once again..

I did not have a party since my husband was feeling under the weather;  we did not dine out with my daughter and her family as we usually do since it was a school/office day; so this weekend would be more convenient to get-together with them.   The absence of the usual celebration didn't in the least dampen my mood; it didn't discount my joy because of the out-pouring of love and well wishes from you all. 

This year my life will surely be as exciting as ever because I intend to make the most of my time.  I look forward to pursuing activities that I truly enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment