Thursday 11 October 2018

I MADE MORINGA POWDER


                                  Fresh moringa leaves with their stems

I've been liquefying fresh moringa leaves with a banana for my evening shake.  However it is so much of a hassle to put a handful of leaves, liquify that with a banana.  Moreover, it has a slightly bitter aftertaste. 

I've been drinking matcha green tea with low fat milk for a long time now and I thought converting the moringa into powder would work as well.  So I thought of making the leaves into powder 

There are several suggested ways to pulverize but I chose a less complicated way, tweaking the procedure some. 


Leaves removed from the stems 


In a covered tray, I sun-dried the leaves for three days. 


Notice the difference from the fresh ones.  The dried ones  look toasted, and they crackle when moved about..


I used my coffee bean grinder to pulverize the dried leaves, 2-4 handful at a time.


This is how it looks after 20-25 pulse-grind 


I placed the powder in a sealed container. 

My shake recipe: two ways

In a cup of low fat liquid milk, I add a heaping teaspoon of the powder and shake well to incorporate the powder to the milk, yum! 

Or

I liquify 1 big lacatan banana and add one tablespoon of the powder and half a glass of water. Also yummy. 

I noticed that the shake has a slightly toasted taste sans the bitter taste of the fresh leaves.  I conclude the powder is better. 

I suggest you google the health benefits of  this superfood and I'm sure that you will be interested. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. moringa powder

    ReplyDelete