Tuesday 3 September 2024

CROSTINI: MY VERSION



Come on guys, let’s cook! 

It’s been raining, we can’t walk and nothing to do but sleep, sit, read and eat. 

I thought I’d make crostini with my handful of left over cherry tomatoes; I chopped 1/3 kilo ripe tomatoes from my crisper. 

With 2 medium chopped onions I sautéed this with the tomatoes in 3 tbsps of olive oil. After these are done I added the ff: 

1 tbsp minced garlic

1/4 tsp dried basil 

1/4 tsp thyme

1/4 tsp ground pepper 

1/4 tsp salt


When onions and tomatoes and the herbs cooked and blended together, I sprinkled 2 tbsp parmesan and mixed well

i cut off some fresh basil from my garden, cut into strips for garnish. 


That’s it folks, this dish is done! 


I put this in a deep dish. Jim ate that with wheat pandesal and sunny side up for breakfast. Me, I like to spread it on toasted baguette, with a slice of gouda on top as shown in the photo above. 

Crunchy! And Yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment