Sunday 20 November 2022

MY BIG BROTHER’S 80th BIRTHDAY

​I felt like I was going to a hotel when we arrived at my niece’s home to attend my big brother’s 80th birthday. 

Of course there was no Porte cochere, unlike in a hotel though a uniformed guard met me with an umbrella as soon as I alighted from the car. He also assisted me going up the two flights of stairs from the street. 


I was wearing a palazzo pants with matching long and wide top; not my usual so I was a bit self conscious.  Yes, not my comfort outfit and not what they all expected me to wear. But my niece was impressed as soon as she saw me when she let me in. I love this outfit, so light and comfy; given by my younger daughter. 


We were met with a lot of chatter; my nieces, nephews and grandchildren were like talking at the same time. It was a riot, all of us were happy to see everyone. Our last get together was on my golden wedding anniversary, pre pandemic. 

Here we were together in the picture below. 




Of course the celebrant was already “happy” having arrived earlier and started to “party” early, if you get my drift. 

Below, he sat with the grandchildren:





Siblings Sandy and Annie with me. We missed Joe who is in California. 




As soon as we hit the couch, a waiter appeared with calamari and crispy spinach and offered red. I declined, it was a bit early for me, I asked for coke light. 

While catching up with those seated close by, including my sister’s boss from Florida, four roving waiters kept refilling the appetizers and our drinks. I was also taking photos of those near me.


The young ladies in the family above 

 below: Jim, Annie and  beautiful Sciezka.  


My own granddaughter Arya and Nikky who just graduated cum laude from UST college of nursing and presently anxious about the board exam she took recently. 


Soon I realized that I had enough appetizer and won’t have room for the lechon from Elars, my fav;  if I don’t stop. So I suggested lunch. 


As always, Tillie outdid herself with a generous spread of lengua, callos, chicken pastel, lasagna, butterflied prawns, potato salad, the lechon and of course Aboy’s Lumpia, fruits and an assortment of mini pastries as












Lots of family jokes were told and retold, while the teenagers gathered in one table, the older ones in another table below:



The first generation also grouped together with the other celebrant, Aboy, eldest grandchild of the clan. 




While people were talking and eating, wine was flowing and noise becoming louder. 

Look at the celebrant, he looks happier than when we arrived. 




Thanks a lot Tillie and Tady for hosting such a wonderful party. Everyone enjoyed, for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment