Saturday 8 September 2018

CUPCAKE MEATLOAF, MY FIRST TRY



I've been making meatloaf in forever using a loaf pan.  When I saw this idea on Facebook, I felt I've got to try it.  So I prepared it for our Friday dinner with my daughter and granddaughter following the suggested recipe and not my tried and tested meatloaf recipe. 


This is the meat mixture with egg, carrots, celery stalk, Parmesan,  bread crumbs and seasonings. 


I made big balls and dropped them on muffin pans lined with paper.  Popped them in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes. 


Baking doesn't complete the job though, this is not yet the finished product.  It should look like a real dressed -up cupcake. 


Here they are  with mash potatoes topping.  I'm not great in putting on icing that they're really not looking that great like a cupcake should be.

"What's for dinner, Nana?", my granddaughter asked.
"Cupcake meatloaf", I replied. 
"Interesting!"

Interesting but it was not quite popular.  I learned my granddaughter doesn't eat meatloaf, though she ate one.   Moreover, when my daughter cooks at home, she fries the slices like any meatloaf, homemade or otherwise.  But to be fair, they taste good as well and so not a flop afterall. 

Well, they're not really looking nice like all cupcakes do.   "Better luck next time", they all say, but there won't be a next time, promise!  Well not cupcake meatloaf anyway.  Im going back to my traditional meatloaf method and recipe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment