Sunday 17 September 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SEPTEMBER GIRL!


Organizing and preparing for my sister's milestone birthday party was just as fun as the party itself, (at least to me, though others may find it a hassle); but as they often say,
"it's not the destination but the journey".    

This time Jim and I with the support of my daughter, my neice and nephew came up with a party fitting to my sister's good taste. 

My sister, the celebrant


My sister, my daughter, my granddaughter and me


We're in luck that my daughter introduced us to this party venue


There was no need to decorate, putting more stuff would be over-doing it.  The New Mexico and Spanish-inspired colorful interiors and arches led to more spaces with interesting surprises.  I'm not one knowledgeable enough to fairly critique art but my layman's eye says that the paintings are really impressive, is putting it mildly.   Add those to the creative artsy-crafty touches of Cynthia (the owner), made up the elegant, wholesome and cozy party rendezvous.  

The pictures below show the beautiful and unique interiors. 

I posed my sister along one wall of the yellow room


My nephew and his wife with the celebrant standing by this arch showing a good view of the main room 

Nieces and nephews

My sister, Jim and me with guests

My sister, my brother and me

My sister with her childhood bestie, Venus

My sister with Ben and Alessandra. The couple are her friends and neighbors who came all the way from Florida for the weekend just to join the celebration. 

That's me with my daughter and my sister 

The ladies on my side of the family

My sister and me with cousins, Luz and Lilia. 

In the brick room where the buffet was set up

It was a fun-filled night with singing and dancing and lots of laughter and tears of joy.  It was a gathering of special people close to my sister, who else but family and close family friends? 



No comments:

Post a Comment