Wednesday 9 August 2017

A Great Lunch At The Artist Gallery Cafe



Our son who lives abroad said he will bring his family over for a visit but he didn't want me to bother preparing lunch.  So Jim suggested we try the new restaurant that we recently discovered. 

What a wonderful find!

Last week, Jim and I were desperate looking for a venue for a 60th birthday party next month.  We learned that our initial venue had to close shop due to unresolved issues with lessors.  Fortunately our older daughter saved us when she suggested we check out the Artist Gallery Cafe.  

While I was busy with my Sunday chores, Jim couldn't wait to take an initial look, he then drove up to the place and the facade alone gave him a good impression.  He happily told me that it looked great from the outside. 



Late that afternoon we went to see the place and talked to Cynthia, the owner.  We had her block off our party date on their reservation calendar.  I immediately called the celebrant and she readily agreed to have her birthday party there. 
"If you say that it's great, especially that Jim says so, then go ahead and put in a reservation", she replied. 

"Check out their Facebook page: 190 Artist Gallery, and see pics of previous events", I told her.  I believe she was impressed with what she saw.

Our lunch went well today because the food was great and the place amazing.  Because it is a gallery, isn't it fitting to name the items in the menu after an iconic painting and famous painters?  

Who wouldn't love the crunchy Mona Lisa cheeks?  The Raphael's pork barbecue was so tender, but the kare kare de Amorsolo is the favorite of my daughter-in-law, the Monet chicken curry just fell apart from the bone with a touch of my fork.  We ordered the  Da Vinci's spaghetti for my grandchildren.  We didn't have anymore space to try the native sausage ala Juan Luna as well as the rest in the menu. 

The interiors, more than the facade is colorful and tastefully decorated. Cynthia said her inspiration is not only Mexico but a blending of Spain as well;  but her own ingenious creativity and her personal touches were clearly visible.  Every corner is uniquely and interestingly decorated; if it were a photo shoot one just need to move any which way and find that the  background is consistently amazing.   

Check out our pictures today.  I'm not a professional photographer so I hope I gave justice to the beauty of the place.  

My son, his wife and son

Jim and my granddaughter 

My grandchildren

My granddaughter and I 

My granddaughter

My son and family in the function room over coffee. 

In one function room waiting for our lunch to be served. 

We only took pictures on the main room and one function room where they served lunch but the place is so much more, there are other function rooms on the main floor and there's a second floor as well which I plan to see on my next visit. 








3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey should give you a special credit for this picturesques add. I'm sold to see and dine in this place when I get back home. Your son is the carbon copy of Jim. So much like him during the good old days in MIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, thank you for taking time reading my blog. Writing is fun but the bonus is when I get some praise. Certainly we can dine there and pose for pics as well when you get back to visit.

    Jim was just telling me the other day about bringing you guys there. Jim is happy to note that you recognize our son's semblance to him. Btw, he is also an ME from la salle and works with Chevrom, GM for operations, Asia-Pacific.
    Looking forward to your next visit.

    ReplyDelete